Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Running out of Excuses

Don't know if I will have the computer long enough to make this a real post, but I've neglected this blog for too long, and have something to get down.

I attended a writing workshop this past weekend, actually signed up and went. I had no idea what to expect, loved the entire experience, met and worked with some wonderful writers, and am still mulling over something very important that I learned, which I can only sum up as, "Tell it like it is." Not as I see it, or interpret it, but as it is. Seems like common sense, but there's something key there that I was missing, and I've been walking around with that "Eureka!" feeling ever since.

There's a brick missing from the wall. I know it's there, because words are leaking in. I'm searching for the hole, but I don't know if it's because my subconscious wants to plug it, or peer through.

Okay, that's it, time's up. Back to pen and notebook!

No comments: