Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Scribblings

Posted November 7th, 2006 by JennyWren

Okay, this is a test. This is only a test. This is a test to see if writing for writing’s sake will produce anything. I will not be saving this, I can tell myself, so we will see if it makes it any easier. I do not need to worry about grammar ( can’t help it with the spelling, though!), so I should be free to just type whatever comes. It’s just words. Kind of like self-hypnosis, this, only I can’t type as fast as I am thinking the words, and so quite a bit is “lost in the translation”. Again, this is only a test. Just an exercise, getting the mind turning in those old, dust-filled ruts that used to lead to a story. Wow. See? Things are looking better already. Nope. Don’t look back! I only have a few minutes until lunch is ready, use any chance I have to practice putting the words down. maybe I will use something like the line about the ruts in an intro to my blog on the new site.

Okay, enough prattle, we need some fiction, here. Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe it’s too soon, I’m not distracted enough, still too aware. But I can feel it loosening, so that’s good…breaking free from its moorings, yeah, that’s it, let the cliches pour out. Reminds me of the moor, and the heather, ah, will I ever write anything with those words in it? Doubt it. But maybe.
Right now, I think I am working on a piece about a rocking chair. Well, okay, it’s not really about a rocking chair. It’s more about a woman, her life, her loves. Probably on a farm. Probably older and alone now. Probably depressing? Or maybe not.

The three year old leaned up against the couch, carefully pressing the crayon’s waxy tip onto the paper, drawing, she said, a smiley face. She added a few dots and loops for emphasis. Okay, time for lunch!

No comments: